Our comprehensive range of systems includes software designed specifically for book distribution and a state of the art reporting system giving you the flexibility to access the data, when you need it.
Vista is an established publishing system, created by Ingenta (formerly Publishing Technology), that has been used within the Hachette UK businesses for 20+ years. It currently runs our Sales Order Processing, Warehousing and Inventory Management, Accounts Receivable and Royalties functions.
Key features of the Vista system for Client Publishers are
- Product and customer detail enquiry
- Ability to perform maintenance of title details
- Sales and orders enquiries
- Sales ledger enquiries
- Invoice archive enquiry
- Access to a standard suite of daily, weekly, monthly reports
In addition, Vista also integrates with other industry publishing based systems to offer a wide range of services within the publishing and distribution businesses.
EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) –
- EDI messages currently received within Hachette UK are sales orders, remittances, claims, IRI returns requests and IRI returns confirmations
- EDI messages currently sent from Hachette UK are order acknowledgments, IRI returns authorisations, sales invoices, credit notes, delivery notes, price and availability information
Vista Web Services – This allows direct integration of the Vista sales order processing system with Client web sites to provide e-commerce functionality. This function can also send real time availability information to your web site
Pubeasy – Internet based service for booksellers, provided by Nielsen.
Batch.co.uk – Batch is an invoice payment and data system that was developed for the book trade by the Booksellers Association of the UK and Ireland. Key features are:
- The payment of invoices to multiple suppliers to be managed with a single payment
- Handling of IRI returns requests and authorisations
- Claims functionality
Cognos Reporting – Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing
Cognos is powerful online sales reporting tool which provides each of our distributed publishers with the flexibility to create bespoke reports tailored to your individual requirements. Publishers can create and schedule reports with ease to be delivered where, when and how you want them. In addition, there are a large number of generic standard reports that can be accessed with one click.
- Reports can be scheduled to run daily, weekly, monthly, annually or on demand
- Cognos allows you to interrogate or analyse transactions such as sales, returns, gratis, consignments, inspection copies and direct from printer orders
- You can also report on current dues, and stock
- Options to view data on screen, via PDF, Excel, CSV or XML
- Easy to use drag and drop web interface
- Accessible over the internet 24/7 from anywhere
- Scheduled training courses regularly run
- Telephone and email based support provided via the Hachette UK Helpdesk during normal UK business hours
- Analysis of your requirements and assistance building reports can be provided
- Constantly being developed with new data and features added, based upon user feedback to ensure it continues to support the changing business
“Data Warehouse [Cognos] is something we use every day and saves us a lot of time. We can track orders and it gives us access to all the sales data on a 24/7 basis. It’s an essential piece of kit with some neat reporting functions that allow us to provide automated reports to authors, our accountants, reps and other partners” – Pitch Publishing
“Cognos is my go to place for all sales & dues information, it is intuitive, easy to use, and easy to save reports for future use. Almost all of my reports are based on Cognos data, it is the go to place in the first instance for all data” – Hodder & Stoughton, Headline Publishing
“Producing my reports, my way, when I want them – Cognos offers the flexibility to produce reports instantly and with the data you want and not what other people think you might want.” – Taylor & Francis